1. Where do I send my application?
You can only apply online. Do not send your application by email.
2. If I am applying for more than one awards category, do I need to have separate references for each category?
You need to submit an application for each award category. For example, if you apply for two categories, say in Academics and Community Services, you will need a complete application package for each: one for Academics and one for Community Services.
For the references, you must have two for each award category. Using the scenario of applying for Academics and Community Services, you need two references that are specific for Academics and two references that are specific for Community Services. Do not use the same two references for both award applications.
3. Is there a limit as to how many students can apply from one high school?
There is no limit. We often have several applicants from one high school.
4. Can high school students from any grade apply or do you have to be in your last year?
Students, from grades 9 to 12, can apply. We have had award winners who were in grade 9.
5. How will I know if I have won one of the Jean Lumb Awards?
All the winners will be contacted by August 31.
6. If I don’t win the Jean Lumb Award, can I re-apply next year?
Yes, as long as you are still in high school.
7. If I win the Jean Lumb Award, can I apply next year?
No. Applicants cannot be a past award winner.
8. I want to include a list of my awards and leadership positions. Where do I send this list?
Include this information in your resume.
9. Are Visa or International students eligible to apply?
Yes, as long as they are of Chinese heritage.