Update: We want to acknowledge and recognize that this is a difficult time for our community and for students and their families. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Jean Lumb Foundation will double the number of scholarships it will grant in 2021, so that more students will have a chance to follow their dreams. For this year, our Foundation will grant sixteen high school students $1,000 each as part of the annual Jean Lumb Awards, double our previous years.
- The 24th annual Jean Lumb Awards will be presented to sixteen outstanding high school students who have achieved excellence in eight areas. Each award is valued at $1000.
- The Arts
- Community Services
- Defence of the Environment
- Dignity of Life
- Leader of Tomorrow (new)
Consideration will be given to an additional applicant who applies for any of the eight award categories and who is also accepted to attend the University of Toronto Scarborough. This would be a seventeenth award recipient.
- You may apply for more than one award category.
- A SEPARATE application is required for each award category.
- You have not received a Jean Lumb Award in the past.
- The Application Form must be submitted online.
- Supporting Documents:
- The supporting documents should be attached to your application in the following order:
- A summary of your achievements in 500 words or less (mandatory)
- Resume (mandatory)
- Transcript of your courses and grades (mandatory)
- At least two reference letters (mandatory) – At least one reference letter must be from a staff member at your school.
- Samples of artwork, news articles, etc. (optional)
- Do not include copies of awards and plaques as these can be noted in your resume.
- If you apply for more than one award category, you MUST submit different references to show how you excel in each particular award category.
- Use iLovePDF to convert your summary of achievements, resume, transcript, reference letters, and other documents to PDF. Merge all documents into a single PDF file in the order noted in 6(a).
- When submitting your supporting documents, include your name and the award category name in the file name of the PDF (e.g., “FirstName_LastName_DignityOfLife.pdf”).
- We don’t accept non-PDF files, like videos and ZIP files. Do not send these as attachments. Links to non-PDF files can be provided in your resume.
- Up until the deadline, you may edit your application and submit ONE updated PDF file of your supporting documents only.
- You must have a Gmail address to complete the application form.
- Applicants must be of Chinese heritage and Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Visa or international students are not eligible to apply.
- The deadline for applications is Monday, May 24, 2021, at 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time).
- After submitting this form, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. The email will contain a link to edit your application up until the deadline.
- If you have any questions, check the FAQs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do NOT email any supporting documentation to this email address.
Click the button below to begin:
- Applications, references, and supporting documentation become the property of the Jean Lumb Foundation.
- By participating, you agree to the use of your name and photographs for promotional purposes in connection with the Jean Lumb Awards without compensation.
When accessing the form, we recommend using a personal Gmail address rather than a school board-issued email address. Some users have experienced problems accessing the form due to security features on school board or institutional email addresses that restrict access to the form.