Update: We want to acknowledge and recognize that this is a difficult time for our community and for students and their families. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Jean Lumb Foundation will double the number of scholarships it will grant in 2021, so that more students will have a chance to follow their dreams. For this year, our Foundation will grant sixteen students $1,000 each as part of the annual Jean Lumb Awards, double our previous years.
- The 24th annual Jean Lumb Awards will be presented to sixteen outstanding students who have achieved excellence in eight areas. Each award is valued at $1000.
- The Arts
- Community Services
- Defence of the Environment
- Dignity of Life
- Leader of Tomorrow (new)
Consideration will be given to one applicant who applies for any of the award categories and who is accepted to attend the University of Toronto Scarborough.
- You may apply for more than one award category.
- A SEPARATE application is required for each award category.
- You have not received a Jean Lumb Award in the past.
- The Application Form must be submitted online.
- Supporting Documents:
- The supporting documents should be attached to your application in the following order:
- A summary of your achievements in 500 words or less (mandatory)
- Resume (mandatory)
- Transcript of your courses and grades (mandatory)
- At least two reference letters (mandatory) – At least one reference letter must be from a staff member at your school.
- Samples of artwork, news articles, etc. (optional)
- Do not include copies of awards and plaques as these can be noted in your resume.
- If you apply for more than one award category, you MUST submit different references to show how you excel in each particular award category.
- Use iLovePDF to convert your summary of achievements, resume, transcript, reference letters, and other documents to PDF. Merge all documents into a single PDF file in the order noted in 6(a).
- When submitting your supporting documents, include your name and the award category name in the file name of the PDF (e.g., “FirstName_LastName_DignityOfLife.pdf”).
- We don’t accept non-PDF files, like videos and ZIP files. Do not send these as attachments. Links to non-PDF files can be provided in your resume.
- Up until the deadline, you may edit your application and submit ONE updated PDF file of your supporting documents only.
- You must have a Gmail address to complete the application form.
- Applicants must be of Chinese heritage and Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Visa or international students are not eligible to apply.
- The deadline for applications is Monday, May 24, 2021, at 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time).
- After submitting this form, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. The email will contain a link to edit your application up until the deadline.
- If you have any questions, check the FAQs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do NOT email any supporting documentation to this email address.
Click the button below to begin:
- Applications, references, and supporting documentation become the property of the Jean Lumb Foundation.
- By participating, you agree to the use of your name and photographs for promotional purposes in connection with the Jean Lumb Awards without compensation.
When accessing the form, we recommend using a personal Gmail address rather than a school board-issued email address. Some users have experienced problems accessing the form due to security features on school board or institutional email addresses that restrict access to the form.